Finding a real estate agent who excels at what they do can make all the difference in you being able to sell your home quickly and easily. Here are some of the ways, provided by Premier One a leading Charleston luxury homes for sale provider, that your real estate agent is going to make this transaction as painless as possible for you.
1. The first thing you need to do is go online and look in Facebook groups for the rants and raves group in your city. Once accepted, you will be able to see how locals feel about certain realtors, allowing you to narrow down your search of candidates very easily.
2. Once you find a few realtors you may be interested in working with, send them a few messages and see who responds in a timely manner with the most relevant information. You should be able to get a good feel at this point which realtor is best at their craft.
3. Schedule a meeting at the local realty office and get a feel for this person to see if your personalities don’t clash. You have to be working together for months or longer, so make sure you are comfortable with the real estate agent before you sign any contracts.
4. Once you hire your realtor, they will do a fair market analysis of your home and the surrounding homes for sale to give you an idea how much you should list for. Regardless the price, trust your realtor because they know if you go too high, you will be waiting for a very long time while other similar houses sell.
5. Your realtor will be able to help you stage your house so that is attracts the most potential buyers. This means they will not only get the house ready, they will entertain guests and put your house in the best possible light to get the highest possible offer.
6. One of the things to consider when looking for a realtor is word of mouth. Chances are good a friend or coworker knows someone who sold a house this year, get their insight as to the way that realtor conducted business and how fast the house eventaully sold.
Make sure that you take your time finding a realtor you like, who is professional, and who has a track record of moving houses in any market. The key here is dealing with a realtor who does this for a living, not one who works part-time to make few bucks here and there.